See the Farnham Herald's article from 21st June 2018 here
Farnham GP Practices are testing how we deliver same-day appointments in a different way and in a different place.
We are setting up a new integrated care centre which will provide access to same-day appointments for patients registered at:
- Downing Street Group Practice
- Farnham Dene Medical Practice
- River Wey Medical Practice
Only patients registered at these surgeries will be able to use the service.
We want to improve your experience as a patient, making sure you are provided with the most appropriate treatment, in the best place, in a timely manner, improving the quality of care provided to patients and ensuring NHS resources are used appropriately.
The care centre is based in Farnham Centre for Health. You will book your appointment through your normal practice reception team, and you will be seen the same day by a local GP, nurse practitioner or other relevant local health care provider such as a physio, who will ask for your consent to access your patient health record.
The steps below outline how you will access the new service:
- If you need a same-day appointment, phone your practice as normal.
- The receptionist will ask for some information so we can provide the right care for you more quickly.
- If a same-day appointment is needed, you will be booked into an appointment at the new location within Farnham Centre for Health, or be booked a phone call for you to speak with a relevant health care professional.
This change will not have any impact on routine appointments. If you need an appointment for a problem that is non-urgent, please book your appointment in the usual way.
A leaflet about the service has been produced which can view here Farnham Integrated Care Centre.